Wednesday 29 November 2017

Easy Backgrounds with Fun Foils on different mediums! - A Video Tutorial


Hello everyone,

Today I have three mini art pieces to share, I have used "Foils" to create these projects. This was something new for me as I have never used Foils earlier on my projects. But after completing these I was so thrilled & happy with the outcome and they were quick and easy to make! 
You can use these techniques while making cards, layouts, mixed media projects, canvas or any other altered art.

But before I start, let me tell you our challenge for November month is ongoing, check it out here

You can create any project using the provided sketch, it can be a layout, journal page, card, mixed media canvas or project, altered art, anything crafty to participate...

Last date of submission is 30 November 2017

Join Now to win amazing prices!

Let's move with our tutorial now...
Let me share the picture of my projects first,





I loved the shimmery effect achieved with fun foil, it is so easy to use and you can use it on different surfaces!


A brief tutorial:

To begin with you need following art supplies:
  • Fun Foil from Craftyscrappers

  • Adhesive Foam Sheet
  • White cardstock
  • Fevicol
  • Scissors
  • Tissue paper
  • OHP sheet or vellum
  • Cardboard (to lay tissue paper)
  • Embossing powder 
  • Heat tool 
To create the tissue paper background, I took a piece of cardboard and glued tissue paper to it roughly 




Now give it a coat of white gesso...


And spray it with shimmer spray "Sweet Sunshine" from Craftyscrappers

Further procedure is explained in the video...



Added diecut houses and sentiment tag to complete the look.






For this I have created the background using the same technique with tissue paper. Then embellished it with flowers and diecuts. To create the tiles follow the process in video.




And for this one I just picked some pieces of lace, natural twigs tied with yellow satin ribbon to create a bed for my butterflies. Background & butterfly making process is also mentioned in video.

Thanks for visiting!


Happy Crafting!





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Loved the tissue texture and use of foils !

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so stunning!! The texture is amazing!! Your tutorial is fabulous, too!! Love these!! So beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

You may also like.